Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.
Oct. 26, 2016
- AskMayoExpert. Stress management and resiliency (adult). Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Bystritsky A, et al. Stress and anxiety: Counterpoints of the stress/anxiety complex. Psychiatric Clinics of North America. 2014;37:489.
- Five tips to help manage stress. American Psychological Association. http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/manage-stress.aspx. Accessed Aug. 1, 2016.
- Bystritsky A. Complementary and alternative treatments for anxiety symptoms and disorders: Physical, cognitive, and spiritual interventions. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Aug. 1, 2016.
- AskMayoExpert. Resilience training. Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2016.
- Goldman L, et al., eds. Complementary and alternative medicine. In: Goldman-Cecil Medicine. 25th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 1, 2016.
- Bonow RO, et al., eds. Integrative approaches to the management of patients with heart disease. In: Braunwald's Heart Disease: A Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 1, 2016.
- Klainin-Yobas P, et al. Efficacy of psychosocial interventions on psychological outcomes among people with cardiovascular diseases: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Patient Education and Counseling. 2016;99:512.
- Mussallem DM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Fla. Aug. 3, 2016.
- Millstine DM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz. Aug. 9, 2016.
- Sood A, et al. Stress management and resilience training among department of medicine faculty: A pilot randomized clinical trial. Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2011;26:858.
- Loprinzi CE, et al. Stress management and resilience training (SMART) program to decrease stress and enhance resilience among breast cancer survivors: A pilot randomized clinical trial. Clinical Breast Cancer. 2011;11:364.