Treatments and drugs
Cancer treatment information for patients, including research and clinical trials at Mayo Clinic.
Wonder how cancer treatment could affect your fertility? Understand what you can do to preserve your fertility before starting treatment.
Ask questions and work with your health care team to prepare for chemotherapy so that you know what side effects to expect and how to manage them.
April 27, 2017
- Chemotherapy and you: Support for people with cancer. National Cancer Institute. https://www.cancer.gov/publications/patient-education/chemo-and-you. Accessed Feb. 2, 2017.
- Niederhuber JE, et al., eds. Cancer pharmacology. In: Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Feb. 2, 2017.
- What to expect when having chemotherapy. Cancer.Net. http://www.cancer.net/navigating-cancer-care/how-cancer-treated/chemotherapy/what-expect-when-having-chemotherapy. Accessed Feb. 2, 2017.
- Cyclophosphamide (Cytoxan). American College of Rheumatology. http://www.rheumatology.org/I-Am-A/Patient-Caregiver/Treatments/Cyclophosphamide-Cytoxan. Accessed Feb. 2, 2017.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 6, 2016.