Vaginal dryness affects many women, although they frequently don't bring up the topic with their doctors.
If vaginal dryness affects your lifestyle, in particular your sex life and relationship with your partner, consider making an appointment with your doctor. Living with uncomfortable vaginal dryness doesn't have to be part of getting older.
Dec. 04, 2020
- Bachmann G, et al. Clinical manifestations and diagnosis of genitourinary syndrome of menopause (vulvovaginal atrophy). https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Nov. 5, 2020.
- AskMayoExpert. Genitourinary syndrome of menopause (adult). Mayo Clinic; 2019.
- Hoffman BL, et al. Benign disorders of the lower reproductive tract. In: Williams Gynecology. 4th ed. McGraw Hill; 2020. https://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com. Accessed Nov. 5, 2020.
- Ferri FF. Sjogren syndrome. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2021. Elsevier; 2021. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Nov. 5, 2020.
- Peterson ZD. Treating sexual problems in aging adults. In: The Wiley Handbook of Sex Therapy. John Wiley & Sons; 2017.
- Kingsberg SA, et al. Female sexual health: Barriers to optimal outcomes and a roadmap for improved patient-clinician communications. Journal of Women's Health. 2019; doi:10.1089/jwh.2018.7352.