Professional development opportunities
Mayo Clinic offers a variety of highly recognized development programs for health care professionals and executives. The programs focus on best practices and critical leadership skills, attributes and perspectives that have been employed and nurtured at Mayo Clinic as fundamental to the delivery of world-class health care.
Education consulting. Advance your organization's educational goals by working with Mayo Clinic's education consulting services. The clinic's education consulting teams work with clients of all sizes and can help your organization achieve its short-term and long-term goals. Work with Mayo Clinic to:
- Develop new programs or improve existing programs, such as building a simulation center or starting a new training program
- Create unique programs of study
- Analyze your organization's strengths and weaknesses within medical education
Education collaboration. Personalize partnerships with Mayo Clinic academic medical centers through:
- Internships for students studying and practicing health care administration or management
- Academic affiliation
- Embedded programming between Mayo Clinic and academic institutions and hospitals
Professional education. Offer Mayo Clinic learning experiences to your health care practitioners, leadership and management teams:
- Medical, surgical and administrative conferences. Targeted training designed to improve competencies in a variety of clinical and administrative areas
- Pre- and post-conference sessions. Customized sessions to target specific learners or groups
- Faculty development. Offerings that enhance the skills and abilities of health care professional educators
- Personalized one-on-one career development. Experiences such as preceptorships for medical, surgical and administrative staff offered on-site at Mayo Clinic, mentoring and coaching, and review and evaluation at your organization
- Individualized symposium. Customized curriculum on select topics for designated providers, administrators or health care teams
For more information on any of these professional development opportunities, please email email@example.com.
Multinational nurse consulting and observership program. The Department of Nursing welcomes nurses from around the world to Mayo Clinic for a one- or two-week program. This program is observational and provides nurses with opportunities to discuss professional nursing issues, consult with nursing leaders and subject matter experts, as well as observe in patient care areas. For more information, please call 507-255-7806 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
International symposium. Mayo Clinic has been dedicated to international collaboration for more than 150 years, starting with the clinic's founders, Dr. Charlie and Dr. Will Mayo. The Mayo brothers traveled throughout the world to share medical practices and learn from others.
To keep this powerful tradition, Mayo Clinic hosts a symposium for international clinicians, health care executives, administrators and business leaders. This two-day experience provides in-depth exposure to the mission, values and systems that have made Mayo Clinic a recognized leader in medicine worldwide. Through presentations, tours, open discussions and Q&A, participants gain a cohesive understanding of Mayo Clinic's integrated model of health care delivery.