Cancer Education Services at the Minnesota campus
NOTICE: the Stephen and Barbara Slaggie Cancer Education Center at Mayo Clinic in Rochester is closed until further notice, to avoid transmission risk during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please visit the Cancer Education Center page on connect.mayoclinic.org for cancer-related education, recorded classes and resources. Thanks for your understanding.
At Mayo Clinic’s Minnesota campus, staff and volunteers are available to help patients, caregivers and the public:
- Learn about cancer prevention and detection
- Find out more about a cancer diagnosis
- Explore treatment options
- Understand clinical research
- Connect to educational sessions and support groups
- Address survivorship concerns
- Locate additional support resources, such as financial assistance, lodging, transportation, wigs and prosthetics
Stephen and Barbara Slaggie Family Cancer Education Center
The Stephen and Barbara Slaggie Family Cancer Education Center offers free education programs to patients, their families and the public. Reliable, relevant, and current information about all aspects of cancer care is available. The staff consists of educators, patient navigators, a librarian and Mayo Clinic volunteers. Staff members believe that knowledge about cancer helps patients become effective participants in their care.
Assisting more than 35,000 visitors a year, the center houses one of the largest cancer resource collections in the nation, offering:
The center is located in the lobby of the Gonda Building and is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Oct. 08, 2020