Cancer Education Services at the Florida campus
NOTICE: The patient library at Mayo Clinic’s Florida campus is closed until further notice, to avoid transmission risk during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please visit the Cancer Education Center page on connect.mayoclinic.org for cancer-related education, recorded classes and resources. Thanks for your understanding.
At Mayo Clinic's campus in Florida, a range of information is offered on cancer prevention, diagnosis, treatment, integrative therapies, coping strategies and caregiving. The resources below are available to patients and visitors:
The William and Nancy Juhn Cancer Education Room
- The William and Nancy Juhn Cancer Education Room is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, and is located on the 2nd Floor of the Mangurian Building.
- Education sessions for patients and families are scheduled with a Chemotherapy Registered Nurse prior to the first chemotherapy treatment. These individual sessions are held in the Juhn Education Room.
- When the room isn’t being used for formal education, patients and families are welcome to browse the resources in the area. Staff members are nearby to answer questions and assist with checking out of materials.
Additional resources including pamphlets, books, journals and computers for patient-use are available in the Lobby of the 3rd Floor of the Mangurian Building. Staff and volunteers are available to assist visitors in searching the Internet for cancer-related information.
- Winston Tan, M.D.
- Survivorship Chair
- Meghna Ailawadhi, M.B.B.S., M.D.
- Primary Cancer Survivorship Team Leader
- April 28, 2020