Cancer Education in Minnesota
Mayo Clinic is dedicated to providing information and resources to support patients during their cancer journey. Knowledge empowers patients to become active partners in their health care.
Mayo Clinic staff and volunteers are available to help patients, caregivers, and the public:
- Learn about cancer prevention and detection
- Find out more about a cancer diagnosis
- Explore treatment options
- Understand clinical research
- Connect to educational sessions and support groups
- Address survivorship issues
- Locate additional support resources, such as financial assistance, lodging, transportation, wigs and prosthetics
Assisting more than 35,000 visitors a year, the Stephen and Barbara Slaggie Family Cancer Education Center houses one of the largest cancer resource collections in the nation, offering:
- Brochures, books, DVDs/videos, magazines and scientific journals
- Mayo Clinic Cancer Center and Cancer Education Program publications
- Syndicated video health information from Mayo Clinic
- Computer resources, including Internet access with recommended reputable websites
- Librarian-mediated medical literature searches
- Spanish-language materials
The center also offers the following complimentary classes and sessions:
- Creative Renewal: Workshops for Wellness
- Moving Forward After Cancer Treatment
- Nutrition During and After Cancer Treatment
- Questions About Nutrition?
- Radiation Therapy Frequently asked Questions
- Releasing Stress and Renewing Energy
- What You Need to Know About Chemotherapy: In a Pill, Through a Vein or by Injection
Check the calendar of events for a full schedule.
- Nurse Educators
- Clinical trials referral coordinator
- American Cancer Society Patient Navigators
The Stephen and Barbara Slaggie Family Cancer Education Center is open to cancer patients, family and friends. Read FAQs to learn more about visiting the center.
Location: Gonda Building, Street Level
Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
Learn more about Cancer Education Program services.