Drug information provided by: IBM Micromedex
It is very important that your doctor check your or your child's progress after treatment to make sure that the infection is cleared up completely, and to allow your doctor to check for any unwanted effects.
If your or your child's symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
This medicine may cause serious allergic reactions, including anaphylaxis, angioedema, or certain skin conditions. These reactions can be life-threatening and require immediate medical attention. Call your doctor right away if you or your child have a rash, itching, blistering, peeling, or loosening of the skin, fever or chills, trouble breathing or swallowing, or any swelling of your hands, face, mouth, or throat while you are using this medicine.
This medicine is not a substitute for an annual flu shot. It also will not keep you or your child from getting a bacterial infection that starts with flu-like symptoms.