Proper Use

Drug information provided by: IBM Micromedex

This medicine will be given to you by a nurse or other healthcare professional while you are in the hospital. It works best when it is given as close to the time of overdose as possible. The more time that goes by after the overdose, the less effective the medicine will be in protecting your liver.

This medicine comes with a patient information leaflet. Read and follow the instructions carefully. Ask your doctor if you have any questions.

The effervescent tablets should be dissolved in water before taking. Follow the instructions provided by your doctor. The mixed solution should be taken within 2 hours.

There is usually a total of 17 doses of this medicine, taken about 4 hours apart. If you vomit within 1 hour after you take your medicine, you will need to take another dose to make up for it.