Ventricular tachycardia care at Mayo Clinic
Your Mayo Clinic care team. At Mayo Clinic, an integrated team of doctors trained in heart diseases, heart rhythm disorders and heart surgery (cardiologists, electrophysiologists, and cardiac and cardiovascular surgeons) works together to provide your care.
Mayo Clinic doctors have extensive experience diagnosing and treating ventricular tachycardia and treat more than 2,500 people with ventricular tachycardia each year.
Advanced diagnosis and treatment. Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota each offer a Heart Rhythm Clinic staffed by cardiologists trained in evaluating and treating heart rhythm disorders.
Mayo Clinic is one of the few medical centers that can perform a cardiac MRI on people with existing pacemakers or implanted cardiac defibrillators (ICDs) to help more accurately diagnose and treat V-tach.
Mayo Clinic also has one of the largest cardiac ablation practices, and our specialists use advanced mapping systems, including multielectrode mapping and 3-D heart mapping to treat ventricular tachycardia and other heart rhythm disorders.
- Research. Mayo Clinic doctors conduct research in new diagnostic tests and treatments for ventricular tachycardia and other heart rhythm disorders. You may have the opportunity to participate in a clinical trial as part of your care.
Expertise and rankings
Mayo Clinic's cardiac surgery and cardiovascular diseases departments are consistently recognized by external organizations for providing outstanding patient care. These endorsements reinforce our commitment to providing expert, whole-person care to everyone who needs healing.
Experience. Mayo Clinic cardiologists and cardiac surgeons have extensive experience diagnosing and treating ventricular tachycardia. Each year, Mayo Clinic doctors treat more than 2,500 people with ventricular tachycardia.
Nationally recognized expertise
Mayo Clinic campuses are nationally recognized for expertise in cardiology and cardiovascular surgery:
- Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
- Mayo Clinic Children's Center in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Children's Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
- Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic is also recognized for high-quality cardiology and heart surgery subspecialty care, research and education by a variety of national organizations:
- Intersocietal Accreditation Commission Echocardiography. Mayo Clinic has been accredited by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission Echocardiography in the areas of adult transthoracic, adult transesophageal and adult stress echocardiography. Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota has also been accredited in pediatric transthoracic, pediatric transesophageal and fetal echocardiography.
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs. Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota has been accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs in cardiac catheterization.
- Healthcare Colloquium. The Mayo Clinic Children's Center at Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota has been certified by the Battelle Healthcare Colloquium as an Accredited Pediatric Heart Failure Institute.
Learn more about Mayo Clinic's cardiac surgery and cardiovascular diseases departments' expertise and rankings.
Locations, travel and lodging
Mayo Clinic has major campuses in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona; Jacksonville, Florida; and Rochester, Minnesota. The Mayo Clinic Health System has dozens of locations in several states.
For more information on visiting Mayo Clinic, choose your location below:
Costs and insurance
Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.