Spontaneous coronary artery dissection (SCAD) care at Mayo Clinic
- Your Mayo Clinic care team. Mayo Clinic doctors trained in heart and blood vessel conditions (cardiologists and vascular medicine specialists) and heart and blood vessel surgery (cardiovascular surgeons) collaborate as a multidisciplinary team with doctors trained in hereditary conditions (medical geneticists), imaging specialists and other specialists to provide coordinated, comprehensive care.
- Individualized approach. Doctors at Mayo Clinic provide care for you as a whole person. Doctors take the time to get to know you and work with you to provide exactly the care you need.
Advanced diagnosis at Mayo Clinic. Mayo Clinic cardiologists, radiologists and others diagnose blood vessel conditions such as spontaneous coronary artery dissection (SCAD) and fibromuscular dysplasia using advanced imaging techniques.
As part of your evaluation at Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota, medical geneticists may meet with you to review your family medical history and determine whether genetic testing may be appropriate for you.
- Cardiac rehabilitation. Mayo Clinic offers a Cardiac Rehabilitation Program to help people who have had spontaneous coronary artery dissection (SCAD) or other heart diseases improve their health and recover from heart disease.
Expertise and rankings
Experience and expertise. Mayo Clinic doctors trained in heart and blood vessel conditions (cardiologists) and heart and blood vessel surgery (cardiovascular surgeons) have experience and expertise in evaluating and treating spontaneous coronary artery dissection (SCAD) and other cardiovascular conditions.
Mayo doctors evaluate and treat more than 140 people with spontaneous coronary artery dissection (SCAD) each year.
- Treatment expertise. Mayo doctors have expertise diagnosing and treating many blood vessel conditions, such as spontaneous coronary artery dissection (SCAD) and fibromuscular dysplasia (FMD).
- Experience in treating women with heart disease. Doctors at Mayo Clinic have experience diagnosing and treating women with heart disease. Staff in the Women's Heart Clinic provides care for women with heart disease at Mayo Clinic's campuses in Florida and Minnesota.
- Research. Mayo Clinic doctors research genetics, causes, diagnosis and treatment of spontaneous coronary artery dissection (SCAD). Mayo doctors research SCAD as part of clinical trials. Researchers also study fibromuscular dysplasia and other blood vessel conditions.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic Children's Center in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Children's Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
With Mayo Clinic's emphasis on collaborative care, specialists at each of the campuses — Minnesota, Arizona and Florida — interact very closely with colleagues at the other campuses and the Mayo Clinic Health System.
Learn more about Mayo Clinic's cardiac surgery and cardiovascular diseases departments' expertise and rankings.
Locations, travel and lodging
Mayo Clinic has major campuses in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona; Jacksonville, Florida; and Rochester, Minnesota. The Mayo Clinic Health System has dozens of locations in several states.
For more information on visiting Mayo Clinic, choose your location below:
Costs and insurance
Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.