Mayo Clinic Global Consulting
Access Mayo Clinic expertise anywhere in the world
Ranked #1 hospital overall and #1 in more specialties than any other hospital by U.S. News & World Report.
Our clinical and operational experts are deeply experienced in all areas of health care, from rural primary care to highly specialized, complex care.
The right answers
Advisory Services clients get best-in-class knowledge directly from Mayo Clinic experts.
An integrated network
Teams of experts work together with clients to determine the best approach, bringing advice and input from across all of Mayo Clinic.
Our experts are some of the best in the world. In the U.S. News & World Report rankings, Mayo Clinic is consistently among the top hospitals in the U.S.
Mayo Clinic is committed to delivering highest-quality, highest-value care to the patients we serve. This commitment extends beyond patients seen in-person at one of our campuses. Through the Mayo Clinic Global Consulting, formerly known as International Advisory Services, Mayo Clinic can extend its expertise to provider organizations wherever they are located.
Mayo Clinic Global Consulting is designed to leverage Mayo Clinic's unique, comprehensive capabilities and knowledge. This program was developed to help clients improve administrative efficiencies and effectiveness to enhance medical practice and patient care through the application of Mayo Clinic's integrated clinical care and practice models.
Mayo Clinic's MCGC program takes a tailored approach by designing engagements that help clients get the right answers from the right experts to help them achieve their goals.
Mayo Clinic's unique combination of practical experience and subject matter expertise provides a distinctive consulting program for international clients that includes:
- Mayo Clinic's best practices by experts with actual hands-on experience
- Robust systems and process engineering methodologies
- Innovative knowledge-sharing tools and strategic management frameworks
- Policies, procedures, and advanced project management approaches
Mayo Clinic consults with clients on a wide range of topics in all areas of healthcare operations. Some common topics for global engagements include the following.
- Support for new hospital projects on their journey from inception to operations
- Campus and facility planning
- Integrated practice design
- Clinical Centers of Excellence
- Practice redesign
- Hospital management consulting
- Care coordination and integration
- Clinical pathway design
- Health care revenue consulting
- Practice planning and integration
- Process redesign
- Patient safety
- Quality Academy
- Patient safety
- Quality Academy
- Professional development
- Change management
- The proposal process involves one or two conference calls and/or a face-to-face visit. During the proposal phase the MCGC program leaders work to understand the client's goals and objectives and identify opportunities for engagement.
- Confirm overall framework acceptance from client
- Draft Master Agreement to define business terms
- Schedule site visit to Mayo Clinic or client site
- Assign and meet your MCGC project team
- Draft and finalize detailed Statement of Work
- Secure Mayo Clinic resources to deliver on engagement
- Deliver on engagement as detailed in Statement(s) of Work
- Provide close monitoring and communication with the MCGC project team.
- Complete all Statement(s) of Work to client's satisfaction
- Provide engagement summary to client
- Formally close engagement
- June 16, 2021