As part of the Mayo Clinic Children's Center, specialists in the Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases assess, diagnose and treat children and teenagers who have infectious diseases or serious, complicated infections. These highly skilled experts also focus on infection prevention for high risk patients and managing infections if they occur.
Mayo Clinic uses a team approach — including physicians board-certified in pediatric infectious diseases, registered nurses and clinical assistants — to deliver the most personalized, effective treatment for your child in a family-friendly environment.
Specialists in Mayo Clinic's Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases diagnose and treat a wide range of diseases and conditions, such as:
- Severe, complicated or recurrent infections
- Infections acquired during travel
- Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection
- Infections in patients on immune modulating therapy
- Pre-transplant evaluation
- Transplant infections
- Primary immune deficiency
- Unexplained fevers
- Issues related to MRSA infection, C. difficile, Lyme disease or other tick-borne diseases or infections
Latest treatments and technology
Mayo Clinic has long been a destination for parents seeking answers and the best treatment for their children's medical conditions. Here are just a few of the reasons to choose Mayo Clinic's Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases for your child's care:
- Our physicians are board-certified in pediatric infectious diseases, ensuring the highest quality of care.
- As members of the Infectious Diseases Society of America, the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society and the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, we collaborate closely with other experts in infectious diseases.
- We offer a state-of-the-art laboratory with rapid diagnostic testing for infectious agents, as well as cutting edge testing by the cellular and molecular immunology lab.
- Mayo Clinic is a designated Jeffrey Modell Foundation Diagnostic and Research Center for primary immune deficiency.
Make an appointment at Mayo Clinic Children's Center and learn about patient services.
Aug. 15, 2014