- Physics, Mathematics Luther College
- Ph.D. - Physiology and Biophysics University of Iowa
- Research Fellowship - Neuroscience Mayo Graduate School, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- Professor of Ophthalmology
- Physiology and biophysics of the anterior segment
- Biomedical engineering, development of instrumentation for measuring flow of aqueous humor, cameral pH and oxygen concentration, corneal endothelial permeability, and corneal thickness
- Circadian rhythms of intraocular pressure and telemetric monitoring of intraocular pressure
See a listing of publications on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
See a description of research activities.