Sunil Krishnan, M.D., is a radiation oncologist specializing in the treatment of gastrointestinal cancers. His clinical focus includes:
- Expertise in management of esophagogastric, hepatobiliary, pancreatic, and anorectal tumors with radiation therapy - this includes stereotactic body radiation therapy, proton radiation, intraoperative radiation, and brachytherapy.
- Coordination of multidisciplinary care across departments including medical oncology, surgical oncology, and interventional radiology.
- Identifying personalized strategies to maximize the efficacy of treatment while minimizing adverse effects of treatment.
In addition to his clinical activities, Dr. Krishnan is active in patient-centered research via clinical trials, laboratory research focusing on identification of compounds and nanoparticles that sensitize tumors to radiation therapy, translational research aimed at defining biomarkers of response to treatment, and education and training of residents and fellows in the clinic and the laboratory.
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- Fellow, American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO)
- Recipient, numerous NIH grants including KL2, R21, R01, T32, and U01
- Chair, GI program committee and GI education committee, ASTRO
- Co-chair, GI translational research program, NRG Oncology
Mayo Clinic locations
Clinical Residency - Radiation OncologyMayo Clinic College of Medicine
Clinical Residency - Internal MedicinePenn State Geisinger Medical Center
Clinical InternshipChristian Medical College and Hospital
MBBSChristian Medical College
Activities and honors
Radiation OncologyAmerican Board of Radiology