Amit K. Ghosh, M.D., is a general internal medicine practitioner, with specialty interest in nephrology. His clinical focus includes:
- Chronic lifelong diseases, such as hypertension, renal disease and diabetes mellitus.
- Complex coordination of care and unresolved illness.
- Providing care in Mayo Clinic's Executive Health Program, offering personalized and time-effective evaluations catered to the unique needs of executives' busy schedules.
- Promoting each patient's understanding of their disease and empowering them to become partners in managing their health.
- Discerning each patient's unique expectations of living with chronic disease and collaborating with them to resolve issues and achieve balance.
- Identifying techniques to quantify and communicate risks to patients.
In addition to his clinical activities, Dr. Ghosh is active in research and education, providing mentorship to residents and fellows. He authors expert content and publishes in high-impact scientific journals.
Dr. Ghosh directs Mayo's General Internal Medicine International Medicine program and international operations.
Mayo Clinic Locations
Resident - Internal MedicineUniversity of Minnesota
Fellow - Nephrology and HypertensionUniversity of Minnesota
DM - NephrologyPostgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research
Fellow - NephrologyPostgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research
MD - Department of Internal MedicinePostgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research
InternshipJawaharlal Institute of Post-Graduate Medical Education & Research, Madras University
MB BSJawaharlal Institute of Post-Graduate Medical Education & Research, Madras University
Activities and Honors
Federation Licensing Examination (FLEX)
American Board of Internal Medicine - Nephrology
American Board of Internal Medicine