To help achieve our mission of empowering people to manage their health, we are pleased to make Mayo Clinic's consumer health information available for personal or noncommercial use in print only (no online use). For media requests, send email to Mayo Clinic News Bureau.
Sources of eligible content
- Mayo Clinic Health Information website
- Mayo Clinic Health Letter
For questions related to the reuse of other Mayo Clinic resources not listed above, contact Customer Service.
Reuse of Mayo Clinic consumer health information is permitted in accordance with the following guidelines:
Photocopies and reprints
Articles may be photocopied or reprinted free of charge under the following conditions.
- Content will be used in hard copy print materials or educational presentations. (Online use or any other electronic media format is not allowed.)
- The content is to be printed in its entirety.
- Additions, deletions or changes in the text, title or illustrations may not be made.
Credit is given to Mayo Clinic as the original source. Example:
Source: Reprinted from the MayoClinic.com article "Exercise helps ease arthritis pain and stiffness" (http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/arthritis/AR00009)
All content is copyrighted and must include the following copyright statement:
© Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research. All rights reserved.
- Translation of content into another language is acceptable. Mayo Clinic will not be responsible for the accuracy of translated content.
Excerpts or citations
Citing content may be done under the following conditions:
- Short excerpts or citations from eligible Mayo Clinic content may be used so long as no changes to the text are made and the information is credited to Mayo Clinic.
- Visit the Using our site as a source page for additional information.
Content types that are not allowed:
- Images (allowed only in conjunction with associated article)
- Interactive tools or tables, including Symptom Checker
- Book content
- Drugs and Supplements (from Mayo Clinic's website)
Types of reuse that are not allowed:
- Mobile (including mobile apps)
- Any other electronic medium
- Sold or redistributed for financial gain
- Advertising or marketing materials
- As part of a legal/court proceeding
Any exceptions to the above criteria must be preapproved. Contact Customer Service for additional assistance.
Links to MayoClinic.com pages from your website are welcome. Visit linking guidelines for more information.
Companies/organizations interested in licensing Mayo Clinic health information can visit the Content licensing gbs page for more information.
Employer, health plan or member-based organizations interested in population health products and services can learn more by visiting Mayo Clinic Global Business Solutions.
Comments or questions? Contact Customer Service.
Complete the Reprints/permission request form.
Aug. 16, 2018