Collaborating to enhance locally delivered care
Benefits for members of Mayo Clinic Care Network
The Mayo Clinic Care Network is a select group of independent health systems that are granted special access to Mayo Clinic's extensive knowledge and world-leading medical expertise. Carefully vetted and selected for their commitment to high-quality patient experience, care network members share Mayo Clinic's goal of providing patients the care they need, close to home, at no additional cost to the patient.
Benefits for patients
Most people want to get their health care as close to home as possible. The Mayo Clinic Care Network helps keep care local by providing guidance and answers to many questions that might otherwise require a referral to a specialist. In many cases, this spares patients the expense and inconvenience of additional appointments and unnecessary travel. If specialty care is needed, patients can be seen by local providers or referred to Mayo Clinic.
Benefits for members
At the core of the Mayo Clinic Care Network is clinical collaboration. Mayo Clinic specialists work together with physicians, consulting and sharing resources to complement physician expertise. Mayo Clinic Care Network members can connect with Mayo Clinic through resources that continue to expand, including:
- eConsults. Providers within the care network can connect electronically with Mayo Clinic specialists and subspecialists to ask questions about a patient's care. The consultation is documented in the patient's medical record. There is no additional cost to the patient.
- AskMayoExpert. This point-of-care tool gives providers access to Mayo-vetted information, including disease management protocols, care guidelines, treatment recommendations and reference materials. The information is available on desktop computers or mobile devices 24/7.
- eBoards. Members can observe and participate in live, interactive video conferences where Mayo multidisciplinary teams and network members discuss management of current complex cases. Current offerings include access to eTumor Boards, as well as our Inflammatory Bowel Disease eBoard.
- Inpatient Telephone Consults. An Inpatient Telephone Consult is an informal telephone conversation, provider to provider, regarding the treatment of a hospitalized patient that requires semiurgent to urgent intervention. There is no additional cost to the patient.
- Health Care Consulting. Network members can consult with Mayo Clinic experts in patient care, human resources, finance, and other administrative and operational areas. Members customize their own consulting plans to support their unique strategic priorities.
- Patient Education Library. Members have access to Mayo Clinic's library of patient education materials, which include 2,500 pieces in English and a select number in Spanish.
- Archived Mayo Clinic Grand Rounds. Presentations by Mayo Clinic providers and faculty address clinical care and health care delivery topics. Continuing medical education credit is available by viewing Grand Rounds offerings.