Mayo Clinic doctors and scientists are studying new ways of using photodynamic therapy to treat cancer and precancerous conditions, such as Barrett's esophagus with high-grade dysplasia.
Mayo Clinic doctors are credited with early research into this treatment that sparked greater interest in using photodynamic therapy to treat cancer.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic authors on photodynamic therapy on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
May. 15, 2014
- Bolognia JL, et al. Dermatology. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier Limited; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 16, 2014.
- Photodynamic therapy for cancer. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Therapy/photodynamic. Accessed Jan. 16, 2014.
- Ernst A, et al. Photodynamic therapy of lung cancer. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 16, 2014.
- Yoon I, et al. Advance in photosensitizers and light deliver for photodynamic therapy. Clinical Endoscopy. 2013;46:7.
- Wolfsen HC, et al. Salvage photodynamic therapy for persistent esophageal cancer after chemoradiation therapy. Photodiagnosis & Photodynamic Therapy. 2006;3:11.
- Qumseya BJ, et al. Photodynamic therapy for Barrett's esophagus and esophageal carcinoma. Clinical Endoscopy. 2013;46:30.