Glomerulonephritis affects your kidneys' filtering function. Complications include high blood pressure, protein in the urine (proteinuria) and kidney failure.
Henoch-Schonlein purpura causes inflammation of small blood vessels (vasculitis) and often a purplish rash. It's most common in children ages 2 to 6.
IgA nephropathy (Berger's disease) is a kidney disorder caused by abnormal deposits of immunoglobulin A (IgA) inside your kidneys.
Postpartum preeclampsia — Comprehensive overview covers symptoms and treatment of this post-pregnancy condition.
May. 08, 2014
- Proteinuria. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/proteinuria/index.htm. Accessed Jan. 15, 2014.
- Wein AJ, et al. Campbell-Walsh Urology. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 15, 2014.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2014: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 15, 2014.
- Proteinuria. Lab Tests Online. http://labtestsonline.org/understanding/conditions/proteinuria/. Accessed Jan. 15, 2014.
- Wilkinson JM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 4, 2014.