Mayo Clinic alumni benefactors give generously to support a wide range of patient care, education and research programs and initiatives. Alumni can designate their gifts to the area of greatest need (unrestricted), as a tribute gift to honor a mentor or colleague, or to support a specific department, research initiative or fund.
Mayo Clinic recognizes alumni benefactors in these ways:
Doctors Mayo Society
The Doctors Mayo Society members share a commitment to the ideals of Dr. William J. Mayo and Dr. Charles H. Mayo and a desire to perpetuate Mayo Clinic's mission and values through personal philanthropy.
Those eligible for recognition in the Doctors Mayo Society include:
- Mayo Clinic Alumni Association members (graduates of Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education, Mayo Medical School or Mayo Graduate School or Mayo Clinic staff)
- Mayo Clinic administrative voting staff members
- Mayo Clinic Board of Trustees public members
- Members Circle: Pledge or gift(s) of $10,000 to $24,999. Planned gift(s) of $25,000 to $49,000.
- Leaders Circle: Pledge or gift(s) of $25,000 to $49,999. Planned gift(s) of $50,000 to $99,000.
- Founders Circle: Pledge or gift(s) of $50,000 or more. Planned gift(s) of $100,000 or more.
- Mayo Alumni Laureates: Outright, cumulative or irrevocable gifts totaling $100,000 or more, not including bequests.
Edith Graham Mayo Society
Alumni of the Mayo School of Health Sciences who donate $1,000 or more are eligible for recognition as members of the Edith Graham Mayo Society. Their support ultimately benefits Mayo Clinic and the communities where the graduates of Mayo's diverse schools choose to practice.
Contact the Office of Alumni Philanthropy to learn more about alumni giving opportunities and recognition, or make a gift online now.
Jan. 26, 2016