Mayo Clinic alumni benefactors give generously to support a wide range of patient care, education and research programs and initiatives. Alumni can designate their gifts to the area of greatest need (unrestricted), as a tribute gift to honor a mentor or colleague, or to support a specific department, research initiative or fund.
Mayo Clinic recognizes alumni benefactors in these ways:
Doctors Mayo Society
The Doctors Mayo Society members share a commitment to the ideals of Dr. William J. Mayo and Dr. Charles H. Mayo and a desire to perpetuate Mayo Clinic's mission and values through personal philanthropy.
Those eligible for recognition in the Doctors Mayo Society include:
- Mayo Clinic Alumni Association members (graduates of Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education, Mayo Medical School or Mayo Graduate School or Mayo Clinic staff)
- Mayo Clinic administrative voting staff members
- Mayo Clinic Board of Trustees public members
Oct. 28, 2016
- Members Circle: Pledge or gift(s) of $10,000 to $24,999. Planned gift(s) of $25,000 to $49,000.
- Leaders Circle: Pledge or gift(s) of $25,000 to $49,999. Planned gift(s) of $50,000 to $99,000.
- Founders Circle: Pledge or gift(s) of $50,000 or more. Planned gift(s) of $100,000 or more.
- Mayo Alumni Laureates: Outright, cumulative or irrevocable gifts totaling $100,000 or more, not including bequests.