Primary cough headaches
Risk factors for primary cough headaches include:
- Age. Primary cough headaches most often affect people older than age 40.
- Sex. Men are more prone to getting primary cough headaches.
Secondary cough headaches
Risk factors for secondary cough headaches include:
Feb. 19, 2015
- Being younger than age 40
- Cutrer FM, et al. Cough, exercise, and sex headaches. Neurology Clinics. 2014;32:433.
- Ropper AH, et al. Adams & Victor's Principles of Neurology. 10th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2014. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/book.aspx?bookid=690. Accessed Jan. 19, 2015.
- Waldman SD. Atlas of Uncommon Pain Syndromes. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 21, 2015.
- Cutrer FM. Primary cough headache. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 21, 2015.
- Longo DL, et al. Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://www.accessmedicine.com/resourceTOC.aspx?resourceID=4. Accessed Jan. 19, 2015.