Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.
June 15, 2016
- Longo DL, et al., eds. Sleep apnea. In: Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. 19th ed. New York, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill Education; 2015. http://accessmedicine.com. Accessed March 22, 2016.
- What is sleep apnea? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/sleepapnea. Accessed March 26, 2016.
- Amardottir ES, et al. Nocturnal sweating — A common symptom of obstructive sleep apnoea: The Icelandic sleep apnoea cohort. BMJ Open 2013;3:1.
- Strohl KP. Overview of obstructive sleep apnea in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 4, 2016.
- Teodorescu M, et al. Association between asthma and risk of developing obstructive sleep apnea. JAMA. 2015;313:156.
- Mehra R. Obstructive sleep apnea and cardiovascular disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 4, 2016.
- Hashim SP, et al. Prevalence of glaucoma in patients with moderate to severe obstructive sleep apnea: Ocular morbidity and outcomes in a 3 year follow-up study. Eye. 2014;28:1304.
- Bilgin G. Normal-tension glaucoma and obstructive sleep apnea syndrome: A prospective study. BMC Ophthalmology. 2014;14:27.
- Kryger MH. Management of obstructive sleep apnea in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 4, 2016.
- Inspire upper airway stimulation. Food and Drug Administration. http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/ProductsandMedicalProcedures/DeviceApprovalsandClearances/Recently-ApprovedDevices/ucm398321.htm. Accessed March 26, 2016.
- Strollo PJ, et al. Upper-airway stimulation for obstructive sleep apnea. New England Journal of Medicine. 2014;370:139.
- Lalwani AK, et al., eds. Sleep disorders. In: Current Diagnosis & Treatment in Otolaryngology — Head & Neck Surgery. 3rd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://accessmedicine.com. Accessed March 27, 2016.
- 2008 Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. http://www.health.gov/PAGUIDELINES/guidelines/default.aspx. Accessed March 26, 2016.
- Riggs EA. AllScripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 2, 2016.
- Find a sleep facility near you. American Academy of Sleep Medicine. http://www.sleepeducation.org/find-a-facility. Accessed March 26, 2016.