Mayo Clinic doctors have experience caring for many people with chronic lymphocytic leukemia each year. Having a doctor with extensive experience treating chronic lymphocytic leukemia may improve outcomes for people living with the disease.
Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
Aug. 23, 2017
- Lichtman MA, et al. Chronic lymphocytic leukemia and related diseases. In: Williams Hematology. 8th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2010. http://www.accessmedicine.com/. Accessed Jan. 22, 2016.
- Niederhuber JE, et al., eds. Chronic lymphocytic leukemia. In: Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014 http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 22, 2015.
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. https://www.lls.org/sites/default/files/file_assets/cll.pdf. Accessed Feb. 3, 2016.
- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia treatment (PDQ). National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/types/leukemia/patient/cll-treatment-pdq. Accessed Jan. 3, 2016.
- When cancer doesn't go away. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/treatment/survivorshipduringandaftertreatment/when-cancer-doesnt-go-away. Accessed Jan. 3, 2016.
- Berger AM, et al. Cancer-related fatigue, version 2.2015. Journal of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network. 2015;13:1012.
- Shanafelt TD, et al. Phase 2 trial of daily, oral polyphenon E in patients with asymptomatic, Rai stage 0 to II chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Cancer. 2013;119:363.
- Green tea. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. http://naturaldatabase.therapeuticresearch.com/home.aspx. Accessed Feb. 3, 2016.
- D'Arena G, et al. Regulatory T cell modulation by green tea in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. International Journal of Immunopathology and Pharmacology. 2013;26:117.
- Gazya (prescribing information). South San Francisco, Calif.: Genentech, Inc.: 2013. http://www.gazyva.com. Accessed Dec. 22, 2015.
- Imbruvica (prescribing information). Sunnyvale, Calif.: Pharmacyclics, Inc.: 2014. http://www.imbruvica.com. Accessed Dec. 22, 2015.
- Zydelig (prescribing information). Foster City, Calif.: Gilead Sciences, Inc.: 2014. https://www.zydelig.com. Accessed Feb. 4, 2016.
- Revlimid (prescribing information). Summit, NJ: Celgene Corporation: 2015. http://www.revlimid.com. Accessed Feb. 4, 2016.
Chronic lymphocytic leukemia