Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors have extensive experience and expertise in diagnosing and treating people with atrial flutter, atrial fibrillation and other heart rhythm disorders (arrhythmias).
Mayo doctors evaluate and treat more than 4,500 people with atrial flutter each year.
- Team approach. Mayo doctors trained in evaluating and treating heart conditions (cardiologists), heart surgery (cardiac surgeons) and other doctors work closely to evaluate and treat people with atrial flutter and other heart rhythm conditions.
- Research. Doctors at Mayo actively conduct research in atrial flutter and other heart rhythm disorders and conduct clinical trials.
- Technology. Mayo Clinic doctors use the most current technology in atrial flutter and heart rhythm disorder treatment, including cardiac ablation.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
June 26, 2014
- Atrial flutter. Heart Rhythm Society. http://www.hrsonline.org/Patient-Resources/Heart-Diseases-Disorders/Atrial-Flutter#axzz2wFpvHKyW. Accessed March 4, 2014.
- What is an arrhythmia? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/arr/. Accessed March 4, 2014.
- Riggin EA. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 13, 2014.
- Phang R. Overview of atrial flutter. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 4, 2014.
- Cheng J. Atrial flutter: Maintenance of sinus rhythm. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 4, 2014.
- Ganz LI. Control of ventricular rate in atrial flutter. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 4, 2014.
- What is atrial fibrillation? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/af/. Accessed March 17, 2014.