Shiri Etzioni, M.D., is a general internal medicine practitioner, with specialty interest and certification in palliative medicine.
Her clinical focus includes:
- Expertise in management of cancer associated pain and treatment related toxicities.
- Complex coordination of care in advanced medical illness with a focus on improving patient quality of life.
- Providing care as part of Mayo Clinic's interdisciplinary palliative medicine team which offers patient and family centered care.
- Delineating each patient's understanding of disease and assisting with complex medical decision making.
- Discerning each patient's unique goals of care in the setting of advanced medical illness and collaborating with an interdisciplinary palliative medicine team to best achieve these goals.
In addition to her clinical activities, Dr. Etzioni is active in medical education, providing mentorship to students, residents and fellows. She currently serves as associate fellowship director for the palliative Medicine fellowship.
Mayo Clinic locations
Fellow - Integrative and Palliative CareGreater Los Angeles, Veterans Administration
Resident - Internal MedicineUCLA San Fernando Valley, University of California Los Angeles
MDAlbany Medical College
BAUniversity of California San Diego
Activities and honors
Hospice & Palliative MedicineAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
Awards and honors
Letters of CommendationAlbany Medical College
- 2000 - present
MemberAmerican Medical Association