Your health, your team
Equipo de medicina familiar en Arizona
In times of wellness or illness, you can turn to the primary care teams of Mayo Clinic. Your team works with you in prevention and wellness and in the diagnosis and treatment of illness.
By partnering with a care team, you experience better care, better access and fewer return visits. You may choose your care team from among several departments, each of which has a different focus: Family Medicine, Women's Health Internal Medicine, Primary Care and Community Internal Medicine. And your team will coordinate your care with specialists you may need to see, such as cardiologists or urologists. Our care teams help people of all ages.
Whether you are healthy, sick or living with a chronic condition, we provide whole-person care to support your needs. We offer care at several locations in the area. Many minor illnesses can now even be diagnosed and treated online or over the phone.
What is a care team?
Your care team is home base for getting the care you need in the most convenient and supportive ways possible. It includes you, physicians, nurse practitioners or physician assistants, nurses, medical assistants, pharmacists, and other professionals, as needed, to support your health and wellness.
The primary care providers on your team have expertise in family medicine and internal medicine. They offer a wide range of services, including preventive exams and screenings and well-child exams. They manage chronic conditions and treat minor illnesses. And they coordinate care with specialists you may need to see, such as heart doctors (cardiologists) and cancer experts (oncologists).
The advantages of care teams
Equipo de atención primaria en Arizona
- Improved access to care. Having access to a care team means convenient access for you. Often, what you need can be delivered by telephone support or through Patient Online Services. If you need to see a provider, you'll be connected with the right team member to address your concerns. You may need a nurse visit for vaccinations or an exam with a doctor or nurse practitioner to diagnose and treat an illness. Your care team can determine the best route of care for your situation.
- Effective management of routine, chronic and specialty issues. Care teams will follow up with you after a hospital stay if your recovery at home seems at risk. Care coordinators will help you learn to manage multiple chronic conditions more effectively. They will help you develop a care plan focused on what matters most to you.
- Whole-person care. Your care team takes the time to listen to your questions and concerns, which may include medical, nutritional, social and drug-related issues.
Coordinated care with specialists. If you require specialty care, your primary care team can connect you with the right support, while partnering with you on your overall care plan. You may be able to get an electronic consult (eConsult), which helps you avoid extra appointments.
Your care team will coordinate with specialists to ensure your care plan fits your needs, your lifestyle and your family circumstances. Often, community resources are available as well — and your care team will help you make those connections.
Primary Care locations and teams
- David A. Bryant, P.A.-C.
- Erum Jadoon-Khamash, M.D.
- Martha C. Morales, P.A.-C.
- Bernadette M. Reidy, M.D.
- Amit A. Shah, M.D.
- Mark R. Wallace, M.D.
- Kirk B. Anderson, M.D.
- Tina H. Byun, M.D.
- Swarna S. Chaliki, M.D.
- Dorilee Farnsworth, C.N.P., R.N.
- Heather E. Fields, M.D.
- Nancy V. Koch, M.D.
- Helene R. Labonte, D.O.
- Jennifer L. Prochniewski, P.A.-C., M.S.
- Sophie Bersoux, M.D.
- Jill A. Borovansky, M.D.
- Bruce K. Kimbel Jr., M.D.
- Benjamin E. Kuhlman, P.A.-C.
- Mary Jean (Mary) T. Pennington, P.A.-C., M.S.
- Kenneth G. Poole Jr., M.D., M.B.A.
Care Team East
- Molly M. Kresin, D.O.
- Launa M. Lister, M.S.N., C.N.P., R.N.
- Christopher T. Pullins, M.D.
Care Team West
- Gary J. DeBrino, M.D.
- Richard L. Engle, M.D.
- Elizabeth H. Gallagher, M.S.N., R.N.
Care Team 200
- Kevin K. Benson, M.D.
- Carolyn C. Moats, M.D.
- David Paz, M.D.
- Kimberly A. Rogers, D.N.P., M.S., C.N.P., R.N.
Care Team 400
- Augustine S. Chavez, M.D.
- Andrea Fillers, M.S.N., R.N., N.P.
- Michael L. Grover, D.O.
- Martina Mookadam, M.D.
Care Team 600
- Christina A. Karolzak, M.S.N., R.N., N.P.
- Linda S. Pachuta, C.N.P., R.N.
- Catherine O. Samuel-Ojo, D.N.P., M.S., R.N., N.P.
- Mary (M Michelle) M. Winscott, M.D.
- David A. Galbreath, M.D.
- David C. Patchett, D.O.
- Maria Nasta, M.S.N., R.N., N.P.
- Paru S. David, M.D.
- Hannah Hakes, P.A.-C., M.S.
- Lisa E. Houston, M.S., FNP-C
- Juliana (Jewel) M. Kling, M.D., M.P.H.
- Anita P. Mayer, M.D.
- Denise M. Millstine, M.D.
- Jane B. Northern, M.S., C.N.P., R.N.
- Suneela Vegunta, M.D.