Nuestros pacientes nos informan que la calidad de sus interacciones, nuestra atención al detalle y la eficiencia de sus visitas constituyen un cuidado de la salud que nunca antes habían tenido. Mira las historias de pacientes satisfechos de Mayo Clinic.
From Employee to Patient After Startling Multiple Myeloma Diagnosis
After receiving a surprising diagnosis, Patty Brown navigated her multiple myeloma treatment with support, guidance and care from her Mayo Clinic team ? and a few pancakes. Patty Brown was simply going in to catch up on some routine lab work she'd put off related to her Crohn's disease. But what began as routine turned [...]
Cancer Care Inspires Kim DeBolt to Join the Mayo Clinic Team
It was a quiet, rainy morning in 2002 at the Gift of Life Transplant House in Rochester, Minnesota. Kim DeBolt was staying at the hospitality house while recovering from a stem cell transplant at Mayo Clinic to treat acute myelogenous leukemia. Family members were often with her at the house, but Kim was alone that [...]
Many Hands Make Hopeful Work for Nielsen Boys
"There is something wrong" are words no expectant parent ever wants to hear. And for Ryan and Kathy Nielsen, they came just 20 weeks into Kathy's first pregnancy. The couple was eagerly awaiting the arrival of their child and had been busy getting their home ready. Then, doctors diagnosed their unborn son, Aaron, with congenital [...]
Bone Marrow Transplant Is Answer for Mom of Seven Battling Aplastic Anemia
When her doctors suspected Kristen Soley had aplastic anemia, a rare condition in which the body stops making enough new blood cells, she says something told her to call Mayo Clinic. Aplastic anemia carries with it a high risk of infections and uncontrolled bleeding. It can develop at any age and can occur suddenly. In [...]
Be the Match: It Could Save a Life, Like Christina's
Christina Woodside starts off the YouTube video that chronicles her health journey by saying, “My family is like every other average family in America.” Her story, however is anything but average. As part of an active family, Christina, along with her husband and their five children, enjoyed running, biking, fishing and snow sports. In 2013, [...]
July 28, 2017
- National Marrow Donor Program. http://bethematch.org. Accessed Feb. 26, 2015.
- AskMayoExpert. Hematopoietic stem cell transplant. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- AskMayoExpert. Graft-versus-host disease. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Allogeneic blood and marrow transplant (BMT). Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2010.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 20, 2016.
- Lee SJ, et al. 5 year results of bmt ctn 0201: Unrelated donor bone marrow is associated with better psychological well-being and less burdensome chronic gvhd symptoms than peripheral blood. American Society of Hematology. Meeting abstract. https://ash.confex.com/ash/2015/webprogram/Paper80881.html. Accessed July 19, 2016.
- Adams RH (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 15, 2016.
- Geerdes PA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 17, 2012.
- Reunited and it feels pretty good. In the Loop. July 28, 2015. http://intheloop.mayoclinic.org. Accessed July 19, 2016.
- Singla A, et al. Incidence of supraventricular arrhythmias during autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation. Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation. 2013;19:1233.
- Hoffman R, et al. Overview of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. In: Hematology: Basic Principles and Practice. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 19, 2016.
- Dispenzieri A. POEMS syndrome: 2012 update on diagnosis, risk-stratification and management. American Journal of Hematology. 2012;87:804.
- Yang ZZ, et al. T-cell-mediated antitumor immunity in B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma: Activation, suppression and exhaustion. Leukemia and Lymphoma. 2015;56:2498.
- Diseases treatable by transplants. National Marrow Donor Program. https://bethematch.org/transplant-basics/how-transplants-work/diseases-treatable-by-transplants/. Accessed July 20, 2016.
- Majhail NS, et al. Recommended screening and preventive practices for long-term survivors after hematopoietic cell transplantation. Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation. 2012;18:348.
- Yawn BP, et al. Management of sickle cell disease: Summary of the 2014 evidence-based report by expert panel members. JAMA. 2014;312:1033.
- NCCN member institutions. National Comprehensive Cancer Network. https://www.nccn.org. Accessed July 20, 2016.
- Cordes S, et al. Autologous stem cell transplantation in immunoglobulin light chain amyloidosis with factor X deficiency. Blood Coagulation and Fibrinolysis. 2016;27:101.
- Colborn LK. Office of Access Management. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 28, 2016.
- Gertz MA, et al. Autologous stem cell transplant in 716 patients with multiple myeloma: Low treatment-related mortality, feasibility of outpatient transplant, and effect of a multidisciplinary quality initiative. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2008;83:1131.
- O'Suoji C, et al. Rare pediatric non-Hodgkin lymphomas: A report from Children's Oncology Group Study ANHL 04B1. Pediatric Blood Cancer. 2016;63:794.
- Galardy PJ, et al. Targeting childhood, adolescent and young adult non-Hodgkin lymphoma: Therapeutic horizons. British Journal of Haematology. 2016;173:625.
- Slack JL, et al. Reduced toxicity conditioning and allogeneic stem cell transplantation in adults using fludarabine, carmustine, melphalan, and antithymocyte globulin: Outcomes depend on disease risk index but not age, comorbidity score, donor type, or human leukocyte antigen mismatch. Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation. 2013;19:1167.
- King AA, et al. Successful matched sibling donor marrow transplantation following reduced intensity conditioning in children with hemoglobinopathies. American Journal of Hematology. 2015;90:1093.
- Mayo Clinic to grow human cells in space: Testing stroke treatment. Mayo Clinic News Network. http://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org. Accessed July 20, 2016.
- Muchtar E, et al. Autologous stem cell transplant for multiple myeloma patients 70 years or older. Bone Marrow Transplant. In press.
- Ansell SM. Targeting immune checkpoints in lymphoma. Current Opinion in Hematology. 2015;22:337.
- Hashmi S, et al. Survival aster mesenchymal stromal cell therapy in steroid-refractory acute graft-versus-host disease: Systematic review and meta-analysis. The Lancet Haematology. 2016;1:e45-52. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 20, 2016.
Programa de trasplante de médula ósea