Dana M. Harris, M.D., is a general internal medicine practitioner, with specialty interest in infectious diseases in which she is Board Certified.
Her clinical focus includes:
- Expertise in management and prevention of chronic diseases such as hypertension, diabetes mellitus, coronary artery disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, musculoskeletal pain.
- Complex coordination of care and diagnosis of unresolved illness.
- Promoting each patient's understanding of disease and empowering patients to become partners in managing their health.
- Discerning each patient's unique expectations of living with chronic disease and collaborating with patients to resolve issues and achieve balance.
- Preventing nosocomial infections.
- Guiding learning of medical residents and medical students in the clinical setting.
In addition to her clinical activities, Dr. Harris is active in research and education, providing mentorship to residents and medical students. She lectures at international meetings and publishes in high-impact scientific journals. She is also active in infection control and prevention of nosocomial infections.
Ubicación de sedes de Mayo Clinic
Fellow - Infectious DiseasesMayo School of Graduate Medical Education, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
Resident - Internal MedicineMayo School of Graduate Medical Education, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
MDMedical College of Georgia
Bachelor - PharmacySchool of Pharmacy, University of Georgia
Pre-Medical - Pre-medicine/Pre-pharmacy coursesGeorgia State University
Actividades y distinciones
Infectious DiseaseAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
Reconocimientos y distinciones
Magna Cum LaudeSchool of Pharmacy, University of Georgia
Best First Year Chemistry Lab StudentSchool of Pharmacy, University of Georgia
Dean's ListSchool of Pharmacy, University of Georgia
Dean's KeySchool of Pharmacy, University of Georgia
Presidential ScholarSchool of Pharmacy, University of Georgia
Membresía en asociaciones profesionales
- 2019 - present
MemberMayo Clinic Florida
- 2018 - present
Course Co-directorMayo Clinic Florida
- 2015 - present
MemberSociety of Hospital Medicine
MemberMayo Clinic Hospital Medicine: Managing Complex Patients, Mayo School of Continuous Professional Development, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science
- 2013 - present
MemberAmerican College of Physicians
- 2013 - present
VolunteerVolunteers in Medicine Jacksonville
- 2012 - 2015
MemberPneumonia DRG, Mayo Clinic in Florida
- 2011 - 2012
MemberPharmacy and Therapeutics Committee, St. Vincent's Hospital
- 2009 - present
MemberCitywide Infectious Disease
- 2008 - present
MemberInfectious Diseases Society of America
- 2004 - 2013
MemberDuval County Medical Society
- 2001 - 2002
TreasurerAmerican Medical Student Association
- 2000 - 2010
MemberAmerican Medical Association
- 1993 - 2004
MemberAmerican Pharmacy Association
- 1993 - 2004
MemberGeorgia Pharmacy Association