Small bowel cancer care at Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic doctors have experience diagnosing and treating small bowel cancers, including carcinoid tumors and gastrointestinal stromal tumors (GISTs). They use this experience to develop a personalized treatment plan that provides you with exactly the care you need.
Your Mayo Clinic care team
At Mayo Clinic, gastroenterologists, oncologists, radiation oncologists, pathologists and surgeons work as a multidisciplinary team to care for people with small bowel cancers. Other professionals are included as needed.
Advanced diagnosis and treatment
Mayo Clinic doctors have access to the newest technology and treatments to improve chances for positive outcomes.
- Precision diagnostic tools and skills. Mayo Clinic doctors use the latest diagnostic techniques to locate and understand your small bowel cancer. Tumor samples are tested by expert pathologists who have experience diagnosing many small bowel cancers, including very rare types.
- A full range of treatment options. Mayo Clinic doctors will work with you to review all of your options and choose the treatment that best suits your needs and goals. You have access to a full range of treatment options, including innovative and personalized approaches.
Expertise and rankings
Mayo Clinic doctors have the knowledge and resources to provide comprehensive care for people with small bowel cancers. At Mayo Clinic, you can expect:
- Personalized care. At Mayo Clinic, a multidisciplinary group of experts forms a team to care for people with small bowel cancer. This ensures all your needs are addressed. Your care team might include gastroenterologists, oncologists, radiation oncologists, pathologists and surgeons.
- Experience you can trust. Mayo Clinic doctors are widely respected for their experience diagnosing and treating rare conditions, including small bowel cancers.
- Nationally recognized expertise. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets the strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognize scientific excellence and a multispecialty approach focused on cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
Locations, travel and lodging
Mayo Clinic has major campuses in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona; Jacksonville, Florida; and Rochester, Minnesota. The Mayo Clinic Health System has dozens of locations in several states.
For more information on visiting Mayo Clinic, choose your location below:
Costs and insurance
Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.