Referring a patient
We strive to offer same-day appointments and surgery dates that work best for each family's needs, including next-day surgery. To refer a patient to Mayo Clinic in Minnesota, please choose one of these options:
- Call the admission and transfer office for Mayo's Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center at 507-255-2910.
- Call Mayo Clinic Referring Physician Services, 855-403-3506 (toll-free), 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Call the Pediatric Surgery appointment desk at 507-284-3684.
Mayo Clinic's Division of Pediatric Surgery is committed to ensuring the quality and safety of pediatric surgery and advancing knowledge by national and international collaboration including:
- American College of Surgeons
- American Pediatric Surgical Association
- Association for Academic Surgery
- Children’s Oncology Group
- Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma
- International Pediatric Endosurgery Group
- International Society of Paediatric Surgical Oncology
- National Surgical Quality Improvement Program
- Pediatric Surgical Oncology Research Collaborative
- Pediatric Trauma Society
Pediatric trauma education is key to improving care of injured children. Mayo Clinic pediatric surgeons and staff participate in:
- Educational courses and conferences on advanced trauma life support, rural trauma development, performance improvement forums for trauma centers and other pediatric trauma topics presented by Mayo's Pediatric Trauma Center
- Site visits to regional hospitals, meeting with the emergency department and pediatric and surgical providers on the care of injured children
- The pediatric subcommittee of the Southern Minnesota Regional Trauma Advisory Committee (SMRTAC) and the State Trauma Advisory Committee (STAC)
For information on educational opportunities at Mayo Clinic, see Medical Professionals.