Before you leave your colposcopy appointment, ask your doctor when you can expect the results. Also ask for a phone number you may call in the event you don't hear back from your doctor within a specified time.
The results of your colposcopy will determine whether you'll need any further testing and treatment.
May. 16, 2014
- Colposcopy. The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. http://www.acog.org/~/media/For%20Patients/faq135.pdf?dmc=1&ts=20140106T1656517997. Accessed Jan. 6, 2014.
- Colposcopy. American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology. http://www.asccp.org/Portals/9/docs/pdfs/Patient_Education/Colposcopy.pdf. Accessed Jan. 6, 2014.
- Feltmate CM, et al. Colposcopy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 6, 2014.
- Lentz GM, et al. Comprehensive Gynecology. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 26, 2013.
- Galaal K, et al. Interventions for reducing anxiety in women undergoing colposcopy (review). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD006013.pub3/abstract. Accessed Dec. 26, 2013.
- Pfenninger JL, et al. Pfenninger and Fowler's Procedures for Primary Care. 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2011. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Dec. 26, 2013.
- Bosgraaf RP, et al. Qualitative insights into the psychological stress before and during colposcopy: A focus group study. Journal of Psychosomatic Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2013:34:150.