Mayo Clinic doctors trained in heart diseases (cardiologists), heart surgery (cardiac surgeons), cancer (oncologists), women's health (gynecologists) and other specialties study ablation therapy. You may have the opportunity to participate in clinical trials. Learn more about ablation therapy research in the Cancer Center, the Cardiovascular Research Center, Radiology and Urology.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic authors on ablation therapy on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
April 21, 2017
- Catheter ablation. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/ablation/. Accessed Dec. 13, 2016.
- AskMayoExpert. Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) laser surgery. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2016.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Radiofrequency/microwave tumor ablation. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Sharp HT. An overview of endometrial ablation. http://www.uptodate.com. Accessed Dec. 13, 2016.
- Cryosurgery in cancer treatment: Questions and answers. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Therapy/cryosurgery/. Accessed Dec. 13, 2016.
- Calkins H, et al. 2012 HRS/EHRA/ECAS expert consensus statement on catheter and surgical ablation of atrial fibrillation: Recommendations for patient selection, procedural techniques, patient management and follow-up, definitions, endpoints, and research trial design. A Report of the Heart Rhythm Society Task Force on Catheter and Surgical Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation. Heart Rhythm. 2012;9:632.
- Stewart EA. Overview of treatment of uterine leiomyomas (fibroids). http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 13, 2016.
- Spechler SJ, et al. Barrett's esophagus. New England Journal of Medicine. 2014;371:836.
- AskMayoExpert. Percutaneous tumor ablation. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2016.
- How is cardiomyopathy treated? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/cm/treatment.html. Accessed Dec. 13, 2016.
- AskMayoExpert. Varicose veins. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2016.