Bladder cancer is often diagnosed early — when it's most treatable. But even with successful treatment, bladder cancer survivors need follow-up tests for years to come.
Bladder stones are small masses of minerals in your bladder — often forming as a result of an enlarged prostate, nerve damage or infection.
Cervicitis, an inflammation of the cervix, can result from a sexually transmitted disease. You can take steps to reduce your risk.
Cystitis is an inflammation of the urinary bladder. It's most often caused by a bacterial infection but may have other causes.
Diabetes affects how your body uses blood sugar. Too much blood sugar over long periods can cause serious health problems, but treatments are available.
A diabetic coma is a medical emergency. Minimize the effects with prompt treatment.
Do you have type 2 diabetes? Find out what can happen if you don't follow your treatment plan or check your blood sugar regularly.
Diabetic ketoacidosis is a serious diabetes complication. Learn the warning signs — and know when to seek emergency care.
Epididymitis is an inflammation of the tube at the back of the testicle (epididymis). The condition is usually treated with antibiotics.
A hydrocele is a generally harmless fluid-filled sac that surrounds a testicle, causing scrotal swelling. However, it may indicate a more serious condition.
Hyperglycemia in diabetes — Comprehensive overview covers causes, symptoms and treatments of high blood sugar.
Frequent urination and pelvic pain may indicate interstitial cystitis, a chronic bladder inflammation. There's no cure, but some treatments offer relief.
Interstitial lung disease causes scarring in the air sacs in the lungs, making breathing more difficult.
Kidney stones often recur. Find out what causes kidney stones and how to prevent them.
Overactive bladder is a problem with bladder function that causes a sudden urge to urinate and may even lead to incontinence.
Pituitary tumors are abnormal growths in the pituitary gland in the brain. Most are noncancerous (benign). Some may cause overproduction of hormones and associated problems.
Learn how healthy eating, exercise and getting enough sleep can help you keep prediabetes from turning into type 2 diabetes.
Can't go like you used to? Prostate gland enlargement can make urination difficult. Treatments for this common condition range from self-care to surgery.
Prostatitis, inflammation of the prostate gland, can cause significant male pelvic pain and other symptoms.
Reactive arthritis is an inflammatory condition that develops in response to an infection in another part of your body.
Type 1 diabetes is a lifelong — sometimes frightening — condition, but it doesn't need to slow your child down. Learn more about managing type 1 diabetes.
Uterine fibroids are noncancerous tumors of the uterus. Medical therapy and surgical procedures can shrink or remove uterine fibroids.
Vaginal dryness is a common and uncomfortable condition — but there are effective ways to treat it.
Jul. 20, 2012
- Urinary frequency. The Merck Manuals: The Merck Manual for Healthcare Professionals. http://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/genitourinary_disorders/symptoms_of_genitourinary_disorders/urinary_frequency.html. Accessed June 14, 2012.
- Rakel RE. Textbook of Family Medicine. 8th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/191205553-4/0/1481/0.html#. Accessed June 14, 2012.
- A basic guide to bladder health. American Urological Association. http://www.urologyhealth.org/content/moreinfo/bladderbasics.pdf. Accessed June 14, 2012.
- Diabetes insipidus. National Kidney and Urologic Diseases Information Clearinghouse. http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/insipidus/index.htm. Accessed June 14, 2012.
- Heart failure medications. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/HeartFailure/PreventionTreatmentofHeartFailure/Heart-Failure-Medications_UCM_306342_Article.jsp. Accessed June 14, 2012.
- Your urinary system and how it works. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/yoururinary. Accessed June 14, 2012.
- Pyelonephritis: Kidney infection. National Kidney and Urologic Diseases Information Clearinghouse. http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/pyelonephritis/. Accessed June 14, 2012.
- Overactive bladder. American Urological Association. http://www.urologyhealth.org/print/index.cfm?topic=450. Accessed June 14, 2012.
- Radiation therapy to the pelvis. American Cancer Society. http://www.cancer.org/Treatment/TreatmentsandSideEffects/TreatmentTypes/Radiation/UnderstandingRadiationTherapyAGuideforPatientsandFamilies/understanding-radiation-therapy-radiation-to-pelvis. Accessed June 14, 2012.
- Diabetes overview. National Kidney and Urologic Diseases Information Clearinghouse. http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/dm/pubs/overview/index.htm. Accessed June 14, 2012.