Find out what causes different types of abdominal pain.
Here's information about common causes of diarrhea and when to see your doctor.
Most headaches aren't caused by a serious illness, but some could be a sign of a life-threatening condition.
Muscle pain can occur just about anywhere in your body, and there are lots of potential causes.
Sick to your stomach? Nausea and vomiting usually pass quickly but sometimes result from long-term or serious conditions.
Feb. 15, 2012
- Bhutta ZA. Acute gastroenteritis in children. In: Kliegman RM, et al. Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.mdconsult.com/das/book/body/208746819-6/0/1608/0.html. Accessed Jan. 17, 2012.
- Gianella RA. Infectious enteritis and proctocolitis and bacterial food poisoning. In: Feldman M, et al. Sleisenger & Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Management. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2010. http://www.mdconsult.com/books/about.do?eid=4-u1.0-B978-1-4160-6189-2..X0001-7--TOP&isbn=978-1-4160-6189-2&about=true&uniqId=229935664-2192. Accessed Jan. 17, 2012.
- Viral gastroenteritis. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/viralgastroenteritis/index.aspx. Accessed Jan. 17, 2012.
- Nutrition therapy for diarrhea. Nutrition Care Manual. American Dietetic Association. http://nutritioncaremanual.org/index.cfm. Accessed Jan. 17, 2012.
- Picco MF (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Fla. Jan. 26, 2012.