People with changes in certain genes may be more likely to develop uveitis. In addition, a recent study shows a significant association between uveitis and cigarette smoking.
April 23, 2015
- Parekh A, et al. Risk factors associated with intraocular pressure increase in patients with uveitis treated with the fluocinolone acetonide implant. JAMA Ophthalmology. In press. Accessed March 11, 2015.
- Cunningham ET. Overview of uveitis. The Merck Manual Professional Edition. http://www.merck.com/mmpe/print/sec09/ch105/ch105a.html. Accessed March 30, 2015.
- Riordan-Eva P, et al. Uveitis. In: Vaughan & Asbury's General Ophthalmology. 18th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2011. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/content.aspx?bookid=387§ionid=40229324&jumpsectionID=40231264&Resultclick=2. Accessed March 11, 2015.
- AskMayoExpert. Uveitis. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Rosenbaum JT. Uveitis: Etiology, clinical manifestations, and diagnosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 11, 2015.
- Rosenbaum JT. Uveitis: Treatment. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 11, 2015.
- Uveitis. Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. http://naturaldatabase.therapeuticresearch.com. Accessed March 12, 2015.
- Yuen BG, et al. Association between smoking and uveitis: Results from the Pacific Ocular Inflammation Study. Ophthalmology. In Press. Accessed April 4, 2015.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.