Urologists and urogynecologists at Mayo Clinic provide expert care for female patients of all ages who experience problems of the urinary tract.
Mayo Clinic doctors are leaders in clinical research that enhances the capability to offer the most advanced treatments available. Many of the urologists across all Mayo Clinic campuses have advanced training and subspecialty certification in female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery from the American Board of Urology. Urogynecologists at Mayo Clinic also have advanced training and certification in female urology.
Specialty services offered through urology and urogynecology include:
Oct. 07, 2014
- Pelvic organ prolapse with or without incontinence diagnosis and treatment
- Urodynamic evaluation
- Stress urinary incontinence diagnosis and treatment
- Minimally invasive injection therapies
- Management of mesh complications
- Urge urinary incontinence diagnosis and treatment
- Overactive bladder diagnosis and treatment
- Botox injections of the urinary tract
- Neuromodulation for the urinary tract
- Rogers RG, et al. An overview of the epidemiology, risk factors, clinical manifestations, and management of pelvic organ prolapse. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 25, 2014.
- Frequently asked questions. Gynecologic problems FAQ012. Pelvic support problems. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. http://www.acog.org/~/media/For%20Patients/faq012.ashx. Accessed June 25, 2014.
- Lentz GM, et al. Comprehensive Gynecology. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com/. Accessed July 3, 2014.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2015: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 27, 2014.
- Siddiqui NY, et al. Clinical challenges in the management of vaginal prolapsed. International Journal of Women’s Health. 2014;6:83.
- Culligan PJ. Nonsurgical management of pelvic organ prolapse. Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2012;119:852.
- Hagen R, et al. Conservative management of pelvic organ prolapse. Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Reproductive Medicine. 2012;22:118.
- Kenton K. Pelvic organ prolapse in women: Surgical repair of apical prolapse (uterine or vaginal vault prolapse). http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed June 25, 2014
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 29, 2014.