Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.
July 06, 2016
- Ferri FF. Uterine fibroids. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2016. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2016. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed May 11, 2016.
- Segars JH, et al. Proceedings from the third National Institutes of Health International Congress on advances in uterine leiomyoma research: Comprehensive review, conference summary and future recommendations. Human Reproduction Update. 2014;20:309.
- Stewart EA. Epidemiology, clinical manifestations, diagnosis, and natural history of uterine leiomyomas (fibroids). http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 11, 2016.
- Stewart EA. Uterine fibroids. New England Journal of Medicine. 2015;372:1646.
- Cunningham FG, et al. Pelvic mass. In: Williams Obstetrics. 24th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2014. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed May 11, 2016.
- Papadakis MA, et al., eds. Gynecologic disorders. In: Current Medical Diagnosis & Treatment 2016. 55th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2016 http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed May 11, 2016.
- Stewart EA. Overview of treatment of uterine leiomyomas (fibroids). http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed May 11, 2016.
- Uterine fibroids. Natural Medicines. https://naturalmedicines.therapeuticresearch.com/. Accessed May 15, 2016.
- Liu JP, et al. Herbal preparations for uterine fibroids. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD005292.pub3/abstract. Accessed May 11, 2016.
- Cook AJ. AllScripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 25, 2016.
- Stewart EA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 13, 2016.
- Jefferies A, et al. Modern management of uterine fibroids. Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Reproductive Medicine. 2016;26:127.
- Updated laparoscopic uterine power morcellation in hysterectomy and myomectomy: FDA safety communication. Food and Drug Administration. http://www.fda.gov/medicaldevices/safety/alertsandnotices/ucm424443.htm. Accessed June 19, 2016.