- Experience. Mayo Clinic's Tourette syndrome experts provide comprehensive care for more than 100 people with Tourette syndrome each year.
- The latest techniques and technology. Mayo Clinic is one of the few medical centers where neurosurgeons offer deep brain stimulation as a treatment option for certain people with severe, refractory Tourette syndrome.
- Nationally recognized expertise. Mayo Clinic is consistently recognized by external organizations for providing outstanding patient care. These endorsements reinforce our commitment to providing expert, whole-person care to everyone who needs healing.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, ranks No. 1 for neurology and neurosurgery in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona, and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida, are ranked among the Best Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery.
Learn more about Mayo Clinic's neurosurgery and neurology departments' expertise and rankings.
Nov. 21, 2015
- Jankovic J. Tourette syndrome. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Nov. 7, 2015.
- Ferri FF. Tourette's syndrome. In: Ferri's Practical Guide: Fast Facts for Patient Care. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Nov. 7, 2015.
- Hallett M. Tourette syndrome: Update. Brain & Development. 2015;37:651.
- Zhang JG, et al. Long-term outcomes of globus pallidus internus deep brain stimulation in patients with Tourette syndrome. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2014;89:1506.
- Gilbert DL, et al. Pharmacological treatment of Tourette syndrome. Journal of Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders. 2014;3:407.
- Swaiman K, et al., eds. Tics and Tourette's syndrome. In: Swaiman's Pediatric Neurology: Principles and Practice. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier: 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Nov. 8, 2015.
- Shaw ZA, et al. Tics and Tourette syndrome. Psychiatric Clinics of North America. 2014;37:269.
- Ganos C, et al. Tics and Tourette syndrome. Neurologic Clinics. 2015;33:115.
- Ghosh D, et al. Sleep disorders in children with Tourette syndrome. Pediatric Neurology. 2014;51:31.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 18, 2015.
- Tourette syndrome fact sheet. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/tourette/detail_tourette.htm. Accessed Nov. 8, 2015.