Tests and diagnosis

By Mayo Clinic Staff

Your doctor or eye doctor (ophthalmologist) will generally diagnose subconjunctival hemorrhage by looking at your eye. You'll likely need no other tests.

However, your doctor may ask you some questions about your general health and symptoms, conduct an eye examination, take your blood pressure, and obtain a routine blood test to make sure you don't have a potentially serious bleeding disorder.

Jan. 22, 2014