- Experience and expertise. Mayo Clinic doctors trained in brain and nervous system surgery (neurosurgery), brain and nervous system conditions (neurology), brain imaging (neuroradiology), physical medicine and rehabilitation and other areas diagnose and treat more than 500 people with subarachnoid hemorrhage annually.
- Team approach. Mayo Clinic doctors trained in neurosurgery, neurology, neuroradiology, physical medicine and rehabilitation, and other areas work together to evaluate your condition and determine the most appropriate treatment.
- Technology. Mayo Clinic doctors use advanced imaging tests to diagnose your condition and develop your treatment plan.
- Efficient system. Mayo Clinic doctors evaluate your condition and develop a treatment plan in days, not weeks.
- Research. Mayo Clinic doctors study the risks, causes, prevention, and new diagnosis and treatment options for subarachnoid hemorrhage and other neurological conditions and conduct clinical trials.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for neurology and neurosurgery in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report.
Aug. 19, 2014
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2014: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 7, 2014.
- Choi KS, et al. Therapeutic and prognostic implications of subarachnoid hemorrhage in patients who suffered cardiopulmonary arrest and underwent cardiopulmonary resuscitation during an emergency room stay. Clinical Neurology and Neurosurgery. 2013;115:2088.
- Cerebral aneurysm fact sheet. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/cerebral_aneurysm/detail_cerebral_aneurysms.htm. Accessed July 7, 2014.
- Connolly ES, et al. Guidelines for the management of aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: A guideline for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association. Stroke. 2012;43:1711.
- Riggin EA. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. June 12, 2014.