Mayo Clinic doctors and researchers conduct studies on nonmelanoma skin cancers, including squamous cell carcinoma of the skin, and are actively involved in developing new and alternative treatment options.
Cancer research is conducted in coordination with the Mayo Clinic Cancer Center. The Mayo Clinic Cancer Center receives funding from the National Cancer Institute and is designated as a comprehensive cancer center — recognition for an institution's scientific excellence and multidisciplinary resources focused on cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
See a list of publications on squamous cell carcinoma of the skin by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
May 18, 2016
- Habif TP. Premalignant and malignant nonmelanoma skin tumors. In: Clinical Dermatology: A Color Guide to Diagnosis and Therapy. 6th ed. Edinburgh, U.K.; New York, N.Y.: Mosby Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 1, 2016.
- Goldsmith LA, et al., eds. Squamous cell carcinoma. In: Fitzpatrick's Dermatology in General Medicine. 8th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://accessmedicine.com. Accessed Jan. 3, 2016.
- Skin cancer treatment (PDQ). National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/types/skin/patient/skin-treatment-pdq. Accessed April 1, 2016.
- What can I do to reduce my risk of skin cancer? Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/cancer/skin/basic_info/prevention.htm. Accessed April 1, 2016.
- Ferri FF. Squamous cell carcinoma. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2016. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2016. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 1, 2016.
- AskMayoExpert. Squamous cell carcinoma of the skin. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- Squamous cell skin cancer. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/s_guidelines. Accessed Jan. 3, 2016.
- Niederhuber JE, et al., eds. Nonmelanoma skin cancers: Basal cell and squamous cell carcinomas. In: Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 1, 2016.
Squamous cell carcinoma of the skin