Mayo Clinic dermatologists are respected for their expertise in diagnosing and treating squamous cell carcinoma of the skin and other nonmelanoma skin cancers.
Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multidisciplinary approach to cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
May 18, 2016
- Habif TP. Premalignant and malignant nonmelanoma skin tumors. In: Clinical Dermatology: A Color Guide to Diagnosis and Therapy. 6th ed. Edinburgh, U.K.; New York, N.Y.: Mosby Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 1, 2016.
- Goldsmith LA, et al., eds. Squamous cell carcinoma. In: Fitzpatrick's Dermatology in General Medicine. 8th ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://accessmedicine.com. Accessed Jan. 3, 2016.
- Skin cancer treatment (PDQ). National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/types/skin/patient/skin-treatment-pdq. Accessed April 1, 2016.
- What can I do to reduce my risk of skin cancer? Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/cancer/skin/basic_info/prevention.htm. Accessed April 1, 2016.
- Ferri FF. Squamous cell carcinoma. In: Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2016. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2016. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 1, 2016.
- AskMayoExpert. Squamous cell carcinoma of the skin. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- Squamous cell skin cancer. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/s_guidelines. Accessed Jan. 3, 2016.
- Niederhuber JE, et al., eds. Nonmelanoma skin cancers: Basal cell and squamous cell carcinomas. In: Abeloff's Clinical Oncology. 5th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 1, 2016.
Squamous cell carcinoma of the skin