Symptoms of pinworm infection may include:
- Itching of the anal or vaginal area
- Insomnia, irritability and restlessness
- Intermittent abdominal pain and nausea
Pinworms often cause no symptoms.
When to see a doctor
Consult your doctor if you have severe anal itching, especially at night.
April 08, 2015
- Parasites – Enterobiasis (also known as pinworm infection). Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/pinworm/. Accessed March 20, 2015.
- Leder K, et al. Enterobiasis and trichuriasis. http//:www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 20, 2015.
- Pinworm infection. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. http://www.niaid.nih.gov/topics/pinworm/Pages/default.aspx. Accessed March 24, 2015.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.