Mayo Clinic doctors trained in sleep medicine study new diagnosis and treatment options for obstructive sleep apnea, sleep-disordered breathing and other sleep disorders. Doctors also study heart disease and its association with sleep apnea. Learn more on the Center for Sleep Medicine research website.
See a list of publications on obstructive sleep apnea by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Aug. 02, 2017
- Longo DL, et al., eds. Sleep apnea. In: Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine. 19th ed. New York, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill Education; 2015. http://accessmedicine.com. Accessed March 22, 2016.
- What is sleep apnea? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/sleepapnea. Accessed March 26, 2016.
- Amardottir ES, et al. Nocturnal sweating — A common symptom of obstructive sleep apnoea: The Icelandic sleep apnoea cohort. BMJ Open 2013;3:1.
- Strohl KP. Overview of obstructive sleep apnea in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 4, 2016.
- Teodorescu M, et al. Association between asthma and risk of developing obstructive sleep apnea. JAMA. 2015;313:156.
- Mehra R. Obstructive sleep apnea and cardiovascular disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 4, 2016.
- Hashim SP, et al. Prevalence of glaucoma in patients with moderate to severe obstructive sleep apnea: Ocular morbidity and outcomes in a 3 year follow-up study. Eye. 2014;28:1304.
- Bilgin G. Normal-tension glaucoma and obstructive sleep apnea syndrome: A prospective study. BMC Ophthalmology. 2014;14:27.
- Kryger MH. Management of obstructive sleep apnea in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 4, 2016.
- Inspire upper airway stimulation. Food and Drug Administration. http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/ProductsandMedicalProcedures/DeviceApprovalsandClearances/Recently-ApprovedDevices/ucm398321.htm. Accessed March 26, 2016.
- Strollo PJ, et al. Upper-airway stimulation for obstructive sleep apnea. New England Journal of Medicine. 2014;370:139.
- Lalwani AK, et al., eds. Sleep disorders. In: Current Diagnosis & Treatment in Otolaryngology — Head & Neck Surgery. 3rd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://accessmedicine.com. Accessed March 27, 2016.
- 2008 Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. http://www.health.gov/PAGUIDELINES/guidelines/default.aspx. Accessed March 26, 2016.
- Riggs EA. AllScripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 2, 2016.
- Find a sleep facility near you. American Academy of Sleep Medicine. http://www.sleepeducation.org/find-a-facility. Accessed March 26, 2016.