Mayo Clinic doctors and scientists are studying new ways of diagnosing and treating nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Research areas include studying the causes of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and improving diagnosis of the disease through the use of noninvasive testing with magnetic resonance elastography, among others.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic authors on nonalcoholic fatty liver disease on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
April 10, 2014
- Vandana Nehra, M.D.
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD). American College of Gastroenterology. http://patients.gi.org/topics/fatty-liver-disease-nafld. Accessed Sept. 26, 2013.
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. American Liver Foundation. http://www.liverfoundation.org/abouttheliver/info/nafld. Accessed Sept. 26, 2013.
- Feldman M, et al. Sleisenger & Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Management. 9th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2010. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 26, 2013.
- Chalasani N, et al. The diagnosis and management of non-alcoholic fatty liver disease: Practice guideline by the American Gastroenterological Association, American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases and American College of Gastroenterology. Gastroenterology. 2012;142:1592.
- Molloy JW, et al. Association of coffee and caffeine consumption with fatty liver disease, nonalcoholic steatohepatitis and degree of hepatic fibrosis. Hepatology. 2012;55:429.
- Golden AK. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 16, 2013.
- Ludwig J, et al. Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis: Mayo Clinic experiences with a hitherto unnamed disease. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 1980;55:434
- Venkatesh SK, et al. Magnetic resonance elastography of liver: Technique, analysis and clinical applications. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging. 2013;37:544.
- ACIP Adult Immunization Work Group. Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) recommended immunization schedule for adults aged 19 years and older — United States, 2013. MMWR. 2013;62:13. http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/su6201a3.htm?s_cid=su6201a3_w. Accessed Oct. 11, 2013.