- Experience. Each year, Mayo Clinic specialists treat more than 2,800 people with MS.
- Expertise. At Mayo Clinic, neurologists work closely with other specialists in physical medicine and rehabilitation, urology, neuro-ophthalmology, and other areas to help manage the problems associated with MS.
- Individualized treatment. The signs and symptoms of MS, and outcomes of therapy, can vary greatly. Mayo Clinic specialists tailor their approach to this complex disease to your specific situation.
- Pediatric center. The National Multiple Sclerosis Society has recognized the Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis Center at Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester, Minnesota, as a Pediatric MS Center of Excellence. The multidisciplinary center focuses on the evaluation and treatment of children with MS and other central nervous system disorders.
- New ideas. Mayo Clinic researchers are working to improve diagnosis and treatment of MS. You have access to the expertise of Mayo's clinician-researchers.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks #1 for neurology and neurosurgery in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery, and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing for neurology and neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
July 10, 2014
- AskMayoExpert. What is multiple sclerosis? Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Daroff RB, et al. Bradley's Neurology in Clinical Practice. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier Saunders; 2012. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 4, 2014.
- Ferri FF. Ferri's Clinical Advisor 2014: 5 Books in 1. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2014. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 4, 2014.
- Olek MJ. Epidemiology and clinical features of multiple sclerosis in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 4, 2014.
- Wingerchuk DM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 13, 2014.
- Kantarci O. Treatment of primary progressive multiple sclerosis. Seminars in Neurology. 2013;33:74.
- Keegan BM. Therapeutic decision making in a new drug era in multiple sclerosis. Seminars in Neurology. 2013;33:5.
- Goldman L, et al. Goldman's Cecil Medicine. 24th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2012. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 4, 2014.
- Lotze TE. Pathogenesis, clinical features, and diagnosis of pediatric multiple sclerosis. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 5, 2014.
- Kantarci OH, et al. Novel immunomodulatory approaches for the management of multiple sclerosis. Clinical Pharmacology & Therapeutics. 2014;95:32.
- Olek MJ. Treatment of relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 4, 2014.
- Olek MJ. Treatment of acute exacerbations of multiple sclerosis in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 4, 2014.
- Wingerchuk DM. Multiple sclerosis: Current and emerging disease-modifying therapies and treatment strategies. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2014;89:225.
- Pizzorno JE, et al. Textbook of Natural Medicine. 4th ed. St. Louis, Mo.: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier; 2013. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 4, 2014.
- Riggin EA. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 22, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.