- Collaboration. At Mayo Clinic, experts in medical oncology, radiation oncology, surgery, pathology and radiology form a multidisciplinary team to provide whole-person care for women with inflammatory breast cancer.
- Experience and expertise. Mayo Clinic has one of the largest, most comprehensive cancer diagnosis and treatment programs in the world. Mayo Clinic doctors diagnose and treat thousands of people with all types of cancer each year and use their experience to provide the most effective treatment.
- A full range of treatment options to consider. Mayo Clinic doctors will work with you to review all of your treatment options and choose the treatment that best suits your needs and goals. For women with inflammatory breast cancer, treatment options may include surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy and targeted therapy.
Latest research. The Women's Cancer Program at Mayo Clinic researches new treatment options for women who have breast and gynecologic cancers. This multidisciplinary program brings together researchers and clinicians to increase understanding of women's cancers, provide compassionate care, and educate patients and their families about women's cancers.
Mayo Clinic also collaborates with other cancer centers around the country to develop and participate in clinical trials. This partnership gives Mayo Clinic patients access to the latest in breast cancer care.
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multispecialty approach focused on cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic: Answers you can trust
At Mayo Clinic, we assemble a team of specialists who take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns. We tailor the care you receive to your personal health care needs. You can trust our specialists to collaborate and offer you the best possible outcomes, safety and service.
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all earnings into improving medical practice, research and education. We're constantly involved in innovation and medical research, finding solutions to improve your care and quality of life. Your doctor or someone on your medical team is likely involved in research related to your condition.
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care — and trusted answers — like they've never experienced.
Why Choose Mayo Clinic
What Sets Mayo Clinic Apart
Why choose Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., and Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., is ranked high performing for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
March 12, 2015
- Breast cancer. Fort Washington, Pa.: National Comprehensive Cancer Network. http://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/f_guidelines.asp. Accessed Feb. 18, 2015.
- Inflammatory breast cancer: Questions and answers. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Sites-Types/IBC. Accessed Feb. 19, 2015.
- Dawood S, et al. International expert panel on inflammatory breast cancer: Consensus statement for standardized diagnosis and treatment. Annals of Oncology. 2011;22:15.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.