Heat rash usually heals without problems, but it can lead to infection with bacteria, causing inflamed and itchy pustules.
Jan. 20, 2015
- Miliaria. The Merck Manual Professional Edition. http://www.merck.com/mmpe/print/sec10/ch118/ch118e.html. Accessed Dec. 19, 2014.
- Miliaria. American Osteopathic College of Dermatology. http://www.aocd.org/skin/dermatologic_diseases/miliaria.html. Accessed Dec. 19, 2014.
- How to beat heat rash. American Osteopathic Association. http://www.osteopathic.org/osteopathic-health/about-your-health/health-conditions-library/general-health/Pages/heat-rash.aspx. Accessed Dec. 19, 2014.
- Ishimine P. Heat illness (other than heat stroke) in children. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 19, 2014.
- Pielop JA. Benign skin and scalp lesions in the newborn and young infant. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 19, 2014.
You Are ... The Campaign for Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit organization. Make a difference today.