Before your appointment, you might want to jot down questions to ask your doctor, including:
July 02, 2015
- Is my bilirubin level significantly elevated?
- Should I have my bilirubin level tested again?
- Could Gilbert's syndrome cause my signs and symptoms?
- Could the medications I'm taking for other conditions worsen Gilbert's syndrome?
- Can Gilbert's syndrome cause complications or lead to liver damage?
- Do I have a higher risk of gallstones?
- Is there anything I can do to maintain a low bilirubin level?
- Is jaundice harmful?
- How likely is it that my children will inherit Gilbert's syndrome?
- Chowdhury JR, et al. Gilbert's syndrome and unconjugated hyperbilirubinemia due to bilirubin overproduction. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed March 11, 2015.
- Gilbert syndrome. Genetics Home Reference. http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/gilbert-syndrome. Accessed March 11, 2015.
- Gilbert syndrome. American Liver Foundation. http://www.liverfoundation.org/abouttheliver/info/gilbertsyndrome/. Accessed March 11, 2015.
- Wittenberg H. Hereditary liver disease: Gallstones. Best Practice & Research Clinical Gastroenterology. 2010;24:747.